Pages

Friday, February 1, 2013

HRD Coffee Shop

Hello www,

                                                             Spicy Pork Kimchee Burrito

I have been trying my best to establish a morning workout routine while incorporating a consistent meal plan throughout my work week. Friday on the other hand... is my cheat day... and so is the weekend! I am always finding out ways to live a healthier lifestyle but like my mother always told me, "you have to have a balance". After years of feeling like I’m not a Victoria Secret model I realized that by decoding my mother’s classic phrase I have come up with my own saying, 'Live a little'! I had to remind myself of this phrase every time I ate a bite of this burrito.

A couple of days ago someone at work told me there was a place down the street from my job called HRD Coffee Shop. Which is supposed to be Korean infused with American style food. If you live in the Bay, C.A. then you know their is so many different types of food. On YELP they also had excellent reviews. Before writing my review I reasearch everything before making an investment, yes buying food is an investment. I placed an order on a whim...

My Experience:
My co-worker and I both placed an order over the phone for the burrito. The man over the phone was polite but sounded rather busy. He still managed to place an order before the rush of people. He actually recommended to us the burrito or a rice and egg dish with your choice of meat. I was a little nervous because you never want to waste your money!

So... after taking my first bite of such a heavy burrito I noticed that there was only rice, pork, and kimchee, more rice then anything. I added the spicey red sauce to each bite. I thought the pork was tender and the kimchee added a nice twist. The kimchee was cold and crunchy mixed with a slight tangy and sour taste. I could only eat half of it because it was alot of carbs for one setting, thats my girly side coming out ;)

All in all I would give the burrito 3.5 out of 5. Only because the taste was so different. I am a Latina so I am use to a more saucy and cheesy style burrito. I don't think I have ever had a burrito without sour cream, guac, and cheese. Maybe next time I will try their rice plate. But it wasn’t enough for me to go running back for more.

Leave your comments below if you live in the Bay and have eaten here before.

Always with Love
Tomboy GirlyChic

No comments:

Post a Comment