Pages

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

L'Oreal Lip Balm & Gloss... Was it worth my $15.00? (Review)

Dear www,


Before I begin my review I wanted to share some photos of what the color looks like on my skin as well as the packaging....





I'm sure you can remember your first lip gloss experience, right? I remember my mother only let me wear clear lip gloss. Although I wasn't able to wear colored lip gloss I made it very clear that I had something on my lips. My lips were so shiny it looked like I just ate bucket of chicken! I've been through many phases and it's safe to say I know how to select and wear lip gloss.

There are a number of questions a woman has on her check list when purchasing lip gloss. The questions I ask myself are;  how pretty is the packaging, how it feels on my lips, how vivid is the color, how much, what's the smell, how many times do I need to reapply, is it smooth or sticky, is it moisturizing, is it to glittery or glossy?

Recently I have decided that I would experiment on drugstore brands. I stumbled upon on the L'Oreal brand. My first reaction was, "pretty packaging". Which seems to always be my first mistake. I purchased Rose Elixer #218 and Pink Resistance #183. When I took it home and opened the lip gloss and I quickly realized that the stick applicator was to small for me. I also felt like the stem of the lip gloss applicator sat funny on my lips and that it was going past my lip crease... not cute ladies. I had to keep reapplying at work to keep the glossy look going, which is a big fat negative in my books. The color was to shear for me even though I applied both the balm and the gloss. 

The balm on the other hand had a better application process. It glides on your lips very nicely and I love that it feels like you're applying lipstick. The downside is that its very sheer and my lips were so dry after an hour. I was hoping that this would be my everyday application but sadly it wasn't worth my $15.00. My next purchase will be the lip butters by Revlon.

Please leave a comment below and let me know your experience.

Always with Love
Tomboy GirlyChic

No comments:

Post a Comment